Prolonging the Therapeutic Effect and Minimizing Side Effects with Oral Modified Release
Oral dosage forms are the predominant delivery system on the market due to the versatility to release the drug in the GI-tract and the acceptance of patients to take their medication orally. Controlled release systems are advantageous for many APIs because they circumvent early drug degradation in the i.e. stomach, are able to maintain drug therapeutic levels especially for drugs with a short biologic half-life, avoid side effects caused by high Cmax plasma peaks and improve patient compliance.
We work on different technologies to develop formulations able to achieve the desired therapeutic effect by delivering the API at a proper rate and time to the target part of the GI-tract for absorption.
Want to learn more? Please take a look to our flyers:
Our expertise in this field allows us to address our customer’s challenges efficiently. Our oral controlled release technologies include:
- Modified release drug delivery systems
- Multiparticulates (granules, pellets, minitablets)
- Single unit tablets (osmotic tablets, matrix and coated systems)
- Acceptable oral MR drug delivery systems for high dose drugs
- Enteric/ colonic delivery dosage forms
- Pulsatile drug delivery
- Dual release (IR and MR combination)
- Fixed dose combinations with independent release adjustment for each API
Please contact us to learn more about our capabilities and to discuss how we can help you develop your product or solve your challenges.